I recently sent some questions to the Secretariat of the Cobra Ironman 70.3 Philippines. Below are their answers to my questions.
Updates 07.13.09 : Cut-off times and final schedule included below.
1. What is the official energy gel and energy drink? Will energy gels be available for sale? – the official energy drink is Cobra, energy gel is Hammer Gel. Both are available for selling.
2. What drinks will be available at the aid stations? There will be water, Gatorade and Cobra Energy Drink available on the race course.
3. What are the cut-off times per event? The approved cut-off time is 8 hours from race start. The specific cut-off times for the swim, bike and run is still to be set by WTC.
Update: The cut-off times are as follows:
The swim course will be closed 1 hour 10 minutes after the actual start of the race. Swimmers remaining in the water after this time will be disqualified and will not be permitted to continue in the event.
The bicycle course will be closed 6 hours after the actual start of the race.
The race course will be closed 8 hours after the actual start of the race.
Please refer to the 2009 Ironman 70.3 Philippines Rules.
4. Will there be a bike shop to do bike check/repairs? There will be about 6 certified mechanics to do bike-check and minor repairs.Race Management is still in talks with a local bike shop that would sell minimal(e.g. bike tubes, tires, etc) items at race site.
5. What is the schedule of activities? – please see attached (file) FINAL schedule.
6. Will there be a qualifying slots for the Ironman Championship? – There will be qualifying slots for Ironman World Championship 70.3 at Clearwater Florida.
Event Date: August 23, 2009
Last Day to Register: July 31, 2009